Our customers are so creative and we love to showcase and their work. The Nantucket Preservation Trust is a non-profit organization working to preserve the architectural heritage and timeless sense of place for the the National Historic Landmark that is Nantucket Island.
One of the special items they have created in 2021 as part of their annual Sense of Place Exhibition and Auction is a beautifully designed and crafted 32" Nantucket Dream Dollhouse.
This dollhouse has the following unique special qualities:
- Custom Built Roofwalk
- Hand-painted exterior clapboards
- 10,528 individually stained and hand-mounted wall shingles
- Hand-hewn, reclaimed antique wooden floorboards (from original roof sheathing circa 1847)
- Hand painted walls with classic Farrow & Ball colors
- Decorated with tiny reproductions of original Nantucket artwork
- Hand-woven rugs by Beth Davies
- Custom window treatments
- Hand made linens
- Original hallway mural by artist Audrey Sterk
The Trust purchased wooden door knobs and picture frames used in the piece from us here at MiniatureCrush.
We are so grateful to be a small part of this historic creation! Special thanks to Claire Utley for reaching out to us about this.